Saturday, April 14, 2012

Tooth Fairy Doll


We have a wiggly tooth at our house! 

It's been loose for over a week now and I am sure will be coming out any day now. At our house we don't usually do fictional characters, Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy. Our kids know they are not real. But it's still fun to pretend right? In light of our very first loose tooth, I decided that we'd still exchange the tooth for money and still have it be a surprise in the morning. I showed Ella a few pictures of tooth pillows or tooth bags on Pinterest and then we saw a tooth fairy doll and she was in love. 


She gave me very specific direction on how she wanted her to look and I did a sketch for Ella to approve.


 She then colored it and I got to work finding the appropriate fabrics. The drawing didn't photograph well, but you get the idea.


So here's our finished product...
I basically used the Black Apple Doll pattern and just added pig tails, wings, and a pocket. If you add pig tails be sure to tuck them in when you sew the head. I found that out the hard way. I had to seam rip mine and sew it again because her piggies ended up inside her head when I turned it after sewing her head. Ugh! And her wings are a bit too floppy. However, Ella (and little sister, Penelope) love the doll, so I deem it a success.


 Don't tell Ella but her little sister played with her doll, while she was at school.

1 comment:

The Mack Pack said...

I saw several of your tooth fairy pins on Pinterest this week and had a suspicion you had something fun in the works! She turned out great! Well done!

 
01 09 10