Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Braided Headband with a Flirty Flower





I've made one of these headbands in white and black. 
Now, I'm anxious to give it a try in some colorful prints. 

Details: 
  • It's best to go on the long side for the strips you use for your headband, because I just tied it in a knot when I was done and snipped off the excess. The braiding gives the headband enough stretch to just pull on & off. I wish I would have measured...but I think I just used the width of my fabric. 
  • On the white flower, I folded the fabric over for the flower, so it was double layered, I used just a single layer on the black one. I think I prefer the single layer, but that's just my preference. The width and length of the fabric you use for the flower will determine its size & fluffiness, so just play with it until you like it. And I really prefer the edges to be raw, but you could hem it if you like.
  • My daughter wears these headbands too, I just tie it a little tighter in back. They look even cuter on her (even if she's grumpy).


And here's a few more of her wearing it...being silly with her brother.

9 comments:

Joy said...

This is gorgeous! Can't wait to try making one!

julia said...

very cute must make thanks

Arkerchi said...

This is very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Kasey said...

love it. can't wait to try one out for myself!

Regina Moore said...

Great tutorial! And super-cute!

Morgan | Mrs. Priss said...

This is ADORABLE. I love the multi-strand headbands and must try this as soon as I get home tonight.

Also? Your hair is fabulous and you're pretty much the most gorgeous pregnant lady EVER. The end.

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [21 Apr 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Andrea said...

I really love how beautiful and simple this is! If you want, stop by and link up to my Thursday party especially for things made to wear!

TheTrainToCrazy.com

Julianna said...

Great! I love it! I can't wait to try it. Your pictures are great! I am hosting Flower Week on my blog and would love for you to stop by. http://singingthreelittlebirds.blogspot.com/2010/05/flower-week-begins-may-24th.html

 
01 09 10