I slept okay. My house is picked up. I'm healthy. My kids were being good. I just generally feel irritated and grouchy with everyone & everything around me. Maybe it's some pregnancy hormones... I hate being in such a funk, so I've decided to try to beat it.
On the way home from the post office I was sitting at a stop light and remembered hearing once that if you force a smile it can release endorphins and make you feel better... I tried it. I felt sorta goofy with this huge fake grin on my face... helped a little. It's a few hours later and I'm still feeling blah. I can either wallow in the gloominess or decide to try a few more funk busters. Here goes...
1. Force a smile. Stand up straight.
2. Hug my kids.
3. Tickle them too.
4. Call a friend.
5. List 5 things I love about my life.
- I love my husband and kids.
- I love that I get to stay home with my children.
- I love where I live- my home and community.
- I love my church.
- I love my extended family.
6. Do a couple chores that I don't want to do...but I know I will enjoy the results.
- finish dishes & shine my sink
- fold clothes
- clean our Master Bathroom
So far, I've accomplished the first five...I guess I'll go tackle a few chores and see if that will be a mood booster for me. I might just reward myself with some ice cream during the kids nap time when I get those chores done.
I'm curious, what do you do to cheer yourself up?