Monday, November 10, 2008

In the beginning...

I finally started an etsy site this past week. I am so excited. I've been wanting to find a way to unleash some creative energy for awhile and I think I've found it. I was really excited to have the possiblity of adding some income to our family at the same time. Not sure yet if I've broken even yet. I'm a little nervous to add it up.

It took me about a month to finally decide on a name. (Thanks, Shelly, for suggestion). Obviously I love the store name since it's my kids' middle names. I mulled it over for a long time and I'm so glad I took the leap and did it. It's been a lot of fun. It's also caused me to stay up really late every night, but I hope as things get rolling, I'll find ways to streamline my process.

I've made two official etsy sales to complete strangers, which made me super excited. I mailed those off today. I've sold about 6 to friends and have orders for 5 more for friends and family. It's such a high when someone picks out something you made and says, "Yep, I really like that!"

If you want to check it out it's http://perryjayne.etsy.com

1 comment:

Summer said...

i cannot believe how creative you are! i love all that you are doing.

 
01 09 10