My friend, Shelly from I didn't sign up for this, sent me this recipe from Real Simple for Tortilla Pie. A spectacular "Meatless Meal". It was delicious. I will be making it again very soon. You should try it. It was pretty healthy too.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 white corn tortillas
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and excess moisture squeezed out
- 6 ounces good-quality Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes (1/2-inch chunks) or one 14.5-ounce can petite-cut diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil (such as Del Monte), drained
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray an 8-inch pie pan with cooking spray. Pour 1 tablespoon of the olive oil into a small bowl and lightly brush each tortilla on both sides. Place the tortillas around the pan to form an overlapping circular crust. Bake 5 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Spoon the spinach evenly over the tortillas, then put half the Feta on top. Sprinkle with the chopped tomatoes and top with the remaining Feta. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and season with the salt and pepper.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until the cheese is golden. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Garnish with the basil.
I didn't end up using the basil because I didn't have that on hand, and I only used 4 ounces of feta because that's how much was in my package I bought. And as you can see in the photo I put way more tomatoes on one half because my husband is a bigger fan of tomatoes than I am. :)