Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Failed Attempt


So, I saw this post today over at Craftiness is Not Optional and just had to share my attempt. It's a pretty stark contrast. LOL. This is a failed mermaid softie attempt. LOL. A couple months ago, my daughter saw a stuffed mermaid at Wal-mart and wanted it..for the new baby. Sure. Anyway, I said, "Oh, Mommy can make you one." So I drew this sketch and went to work. Oh wow. It did NOT work out well. I didn't even bother trying to stuff the poor things arms. I'm pretty good at sketching out something for an applique... not so much when it comes to 3-D figures. I'll try again. And I think I'll try to make it more like the mermaids that I use on my shirts... 

but anyway- just in case you needed a good laugh. Oh, and the funny thing-she likes it. It's on her bed with her other much cuter stuffed things. :)

1 comment:

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

hehe I love fails! kudos to you for posting it! I do like the sketch! and her eyes are cute...may copy that for next time! Love the tube top too.

 
01 09 10