Saturday, September 3, 2011

Fish Funeral

I attended my first Fish Funeral today in our front Garden. (For those of you that know he died last week, don't judge... I've been a little busy with packing and yes... there was a dead fish floating in his bowl for a full week. It's gross I admit, but SOMEONE (Ella) freaked when I was going to flush him. ) So in attendance at Fish Funeral were, My mom, myself, Ella, Hudson, and Penelope. My mother said "a few words" these words exactly ..."Lord knows, Mokie was a good fish." to which she and I busted out in giggles... we tried to stifle our laughter for the kids sake. I mumbled a prayer about how we were thankful that God gave us such a nice fish for a time. (Although, truth be told, I was not a fan of the fish from the beginning. I regularly referred to him as "our dumb fish". ) And my mom finished with "The Lord gives and the Lord takes away." Stifled giggles again from us.  We added a make shift cross made out of mulch, Ella added a flower and it was over. The kids seemed to be pleased with the ceremony.
Below is a picture of Mokie on his first day home. He lived to the ripe old age of 10 months.

No comments:

 
01 09 10