Saturday, November 12, 2011

Portobello & Red Pepper Pita



This is my new Favorite Lunch.

Whole Wheat Pita Pocket
1 big Portobello Mushroom or several slices
 1/4 cup Chopped Red Pepper
1/2 cup Match Stick Carrots
1 cup of "Rainbow Slaw" (shredded veggies)
1/4 cup Chopped Onion
Chopped Dried Dates (maybe 2)
Low Sodium Soy Sauce ( 1-2 Tablespoons)
Grapeseed Oil
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
maybe even throw in a couple Tablespoons of raw shelled sunflower seeds.

The textures in this a great. The crunchy veggies and sunflower seeds contrast with the soft mushrooms. The tastes are great too, the sweet dates, and slightly salty soy sauce. It's so good!! My husband even likes it, although I leave the mushrooms off of his.

I don't usually cook with measurements, so this is sort of guesswork on what I do here, so you can adjust as you want.
So I throw all the veggies in a pan with just a tad of Grapeseed oil. OR you can put them in a casserole dish in the oven for about 10-12 minutes at 350.  Either way.
I put my pita bread in the toaster on the lowest setting, then fill it up.  This should make enough for 2. Yum!!

I've adapted this recipe from the Eat to Live Book by Dr. Fuhrmann

No comments:

 
01 09 10