Friday, September 16, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten

Yesterday was Ella's first day of school here in Georgia. She was excited and a little nervous. I was a lot nervous. The Lord prepared our way, I know. When I enrolled her on Wednesday, a Kindergarten teacher was in the office on her planning period, Mrs. Chapman. She was so kind to Ella and even gave her a tour of the school, while I filled out paper work. The school couldn't tell me until we actually showed up for class who her teacher would be. But, guess who she got as her teacher? Yep, that very kind teacher who took time out of her planning period to make sure Ella felt comfortable, Mrs. Chapman. I am so thankful for a God who goes before me and prepares the way on the big and small things. I felt so much more relaxed leaving Ella in her care.  

MEANWHILE... to keep my mind off how Ella was doing, I went up to the church to help Jason get his office in order. The previous Children's Pastor was a woman, so he was trying to rid the office of all things girly. :) And we did some rearranging of furniture so that the office space could accommodate the 3 computers he usually has running at the same time.
I helped him get his posters up too. He had to get that Boomer Sooner one up ASAP. :) Hudson made 2 new friends while we were there too. A couple boys (both 4 yrs old also) that were relatives of employees at the church that were playing ball in the hallway outside Jason's office. Hudson had a great time. I was so proud of him for overcoming his shyness and joining in the fun. Penelope didn't make friends yesterday, but she did thoroughly enjoy the water fountain and it's accompanying step stool. We filled her cup up with water and she was very pleased. She did, however, empty the entire cup on herself on the way to pick up Ella from school.

I LOVE this baby's chubby cheeks.


I waited in line to get her after school for what seemed like an eternity. When Ella's smiling face finally reached the van, I was so relieved. She had a good day. She made lots of friends. She played with two girls on the playground. She didn't know their names, but they both had yellow hair. :) Her backpack was FULL of papers for me to fill out and read. I like to fill out paperwork. I know, I'm weird. But I was so DONE by the time I finished it all last night. I think my hand is still cramping. She is off again this morning with her backpack full of school supplies and all that filled out paperwork. She was excited to go back today. I am so happy that she is enjoying her new school. We have a little work to do to catch up with her class. Apparently, they have learned 30 sight words already, so we'll have to get to work on that. Ella's a bright girl, so I am sure we'll have those learned before too long.
Well, off to clean up the kitchen from breakfast and unpack a box or two.


1 comment:

KSKH said...

I am so happy to hear that eveyone is adjusting so well and making lots of new friends. That being said, the halls of Newspring are just not the same without ya'lls smiling faces. Miss you all.

 
01 09 10